Does God Exist?


I know I am dealing with a controversial topic, but seriously I need an answer to this question Does God really exist? This is far complicated question than it seems to be, Regardless of one’s beliefs or faith on God; It will be interesting to explore this issue.

When it comes to the question, “Does God Exist,” there are really only two possible conclusions: God either is or He isn’t. There’s no half way. There’s no sliding scale. Whether you are an atheist or theist, there’s a certain level of knowledge and there’s certain level of faith. It’s their personal choice whether to believe in god or not, I am not bothered about their beliefs rather I want to know the credibility behind the mere existence of God.

I know I am too small a person to discuss on such spiritual topics, but it’s just an attempt to outburst myself.

When I asked a theist why does he believe in God, he doesn’t have an answer besides blindly believing in god. For that sake, when I ask myself why do I believe in god I am blank. I don’t have a reason to believe in rather I have many to not believe in him.
Once I had a one-on-one conversation with a priest (say scholar), I asked him, what’s the criterion behind the birth? Who decides whether he/she is born in a poor family or a rich wealthy family? He said its their fate that decides the future of the soul. So I asked him if god can do anything about fate? The answer is no. If it’s the fate that decides the future of a man or if its karma which ultimately decides the life cycle of a person which even a god cannot change, So why are we still believing in god?

Reference to a movie dialogue: “People believe in god for two reasons. People pray to god in fear or expecting favor.”

Finally, I am not here to offend anyone or prove anything, I am in search of an answer. Why does a person go all the way to tirupathi or shiridi to pray god and offer presents? Why can’t the same person react to a news article about people who doesn’t have proper food to eat or proper medicines to cure diseases?

Believe in people around you………

Moral: Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.








7 comments:

  Phanindra Ketavarapu

August 22, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I believe in good deeds, in karma, I don't believe in going to temples but I do. For me, God is very personal. It's all about having faith ... We have heard and read that God is omni present. Now I am increasingly believing in this. I search for God in every human being...and I am liking it that way. It has improved me as a person and behavior towards fellow beings. I still swear at them, but at least I have cut it down on a huge scale. Its all about having faith and moving on with it.

Its an oceanic topic to dwell into, and has taken ages for the pundits to crack it. By pundits I mean, people who have devoted their life to research on such topics.

There is always Good vs Evil in this world, fight the evil and i guess one would have done himself and his fellows some favor. I have always ridden on my luck all through life, I do think there is some external force thats keeping me where I am today, and very strongly feel its the blessing of my Mom, my Grand Mom and all my well wishers. I strongly believe in this and I think I am right. An their belief in God is helping my cause indirectly too.

To end, I always have this phrase in my email signature. Nothing to boast about, but I try to practice it every day. Little things in life do matter a lot to the outcome of this World. Here is that phrase...

"Be The Change You Want To See In This World

  Phanindra Ketavarapu

August 22, 2009 at 10:23 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.
  Phanindra Ketavarapu

August 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Your post's Google Ad has a link to an article about God...what irony this...a topic which asks a question is given an answer through its page Ad...I am not sure if everyone is able to see the Ad, but if they do not I have the link pasted below.

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html?gclid=CJ6u3-e8t5wCFQRM5QodiHZOow

  Sahithi

August 22, 2009 at 12:18 PM

For me God is an inner concentration...when i want to think about something instead of looking at a point i try to remember the face of baba..just to to concentrate..something I believe in just to keep a check on my deeds... Its something like 'Okay someones watching me and keeping a record of my good n bad deeds..so let me be in the good list rather than the bad ones'.

I might not have pen down my thoughts properly but yea i can never say exactly what God really means to me..

  Sanju

August 23, 2009 at 11:29 PM

For me,Good is god and bad is evil...so i believe in good...juss live n let live...ur the god...

  Suneetha

August 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM

“People believe in god for two reasons. People pray to god in fear or expecting favor.” >>

ante idi nammavante saibaba temple ki nuvvu enduku veltunnattu ? ammayilaki sight kottadanika ? lekapote gullo prasadam kosama ? tikka answers iste tolu teesta .

  Ramesh

August 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM

@suneetha - LOL gudilo ammayilu untaniki idhi emnana india naa us amma gudi motham neela pellaipoyina batch ee....inka prasadam antavaaa adhi correct masth untundhii....