True Relation?


People change with time, so are their priorities. That’s the spice of life. Change for good is always welcomed. Every day you come across many new people, few might be passing clouds but quite a few of them are good enough to make a mark on you. Never lose them.

I always think the best way to explain things to others is by an example. Let me tell you a story which would explain the whole concept which I would like to discuss in this post. A year ago, I was reading an article in a newspaper which left me blank. It’s not the exact article I am posting it now, Its revised and told as a story.

There was a couple living in Hyderabad. Both of them work as daily labor, who got to work daily to feed themselves. They had two children. The elder one is a normal child, while the younger was born blind. The couples aren’t in the position to take care of the blind child as they both need to work. So they decided to join him in an orphanage. The child was brought up in the orphanage. He completed his degree. When he was told about his parents then, He was so much depressed by his parent’s decision to leave him in orphanage. He hated everyone and every relation except his girlfriend whom he met in the orphanage and was his best friend for last 20 years.

He used to tell her that “If he had eyes then I would have married you”. She used to pacify him and keep him calm. After some days, finally the boy felt lucky to hear that someone is willing to donate him their eyes. He called his girlfriend and expressed his joy. He was very happy because he would see his girlfriend and marry her and lead a happy life.

Finally, on the big day the boy got operated and was waiting for his girlfriend to arrive at the hospital room. She was there and the boy opened his eyes for the first time in his life. He was surprised to see his girlfriend. She was “Blind”.

The girl spoke to him for several hours and in the end when she was leaving, the girl asked him; Now you have eyes will you marry me?

The boy was calm for some time and said ‘No’. He instead promised her, that he would find someone who could donate eyes to her.

The girl thanked her and walked away silently and told softly…….

“TAKE CARE OF MY EYES”

By now, you might have understood what I wanted to discuss. Priorities change. But never forget the one who is behind you when you are down and depressed. Those are the ones who never expect something from you; they were for you when you need them.


2 comments:

  Phanindra Ketavarapu

July 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM

wah wah...brother you always hit the nail on the coffin...touching bro...hypothitically speaking, things cannot be such naive...but like I always say...I believe in giving & sharing love to everybody...I believe in Love & its Karma...probably not unconditionally to everyone....but yeah loving them for who & how they are...and only to expect that one day I shall find all that love in one soul who could gv it all back to me...its a desire and belief that I carry everyday...and I am still optimistic!!!...Kudos & Thanks.

  Ramesh

July 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I personally love this story!!..Anyways I know you are still optimistic..