My Friend!!!


What makes friendship the purest of all relationships? It involves an exercise of choice not compulsion. Did you ever hear the saying “Judge a person with the kind of friends he have”? It’s because you chose your friends. My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life.

I would have never realized the value of friendship, if I wouldn’t have a best friend. The only way to have a best friend is to be one. If you have a friend, who truly understands you and accepts you despite your shortcomings, then you are the luckiest person in the world.
I am no one to derive an equation on friendship, everyone has a friend. I would like to share what I feel about a best friend. I always felt friends are my strength and I am undefined without them. I never bothered how important I am to them, but they are always part of my life. The most I can do to my friends is simply being their friend.

How many best friends do I have? That’s the question I have been pondering on at some point of time.

When one of my friend said “Your personality is built such that most of your good friends and I mean very good friends are scared to death when they want to express anything they feel is important to share”. I know there are friends who can talk to me anytime, anywhere regarding anything. But am I not the same with all? Yes, I am the same person with all my friends; the difference is how they see me.

In friendship, I believe a man should hold his friend unjudged, accepted, trusted, and granted to the end. If I can’t even express my feeling to a friend does that really sound friendship? Then what makes a friend different from other relations. Whoever says friendship is easy has obviously never had a true friend.

A friend is one with whom you can share everything, absolutely everything. A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. A friend never leaves you when you are wrong. It doesn’t mean you tolerate your friend even if he is wrong. You tell him that he is wrong, but in the end, it is clear you are on his side. When I am happy, I can share it with any person around me but when I am sad, I always want my friend beside me. No matter what I do, what I say, a friend stays with me till the end. A Friend should be taken granted.How can there be any conditions for friendship? Friendship is divine. However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.

6 comments:

  Phanindra Ketavarapu

June 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM

KUDOS Brother!!!...loved reading it...jus one glitch though...I din get this "The only way to have a best friend is to be one"...can u pls elaborate??...

  Ramesh

June 23, 2009 at 11:49 PM

the only way to have a best friend is to be a best friend to him .....Did you get it or elaborate more?

  Phanindra Ketavarapu

June 24, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Naah...gotcha...era vetakaarama...pora ghutle...

  Phanindra Ketavarapu

June 24, 2009 at 9:17 AM

ooh yeah...one more...i read on the top...ur next topic to be on Gal...as in Global Address List or did you mean Gal as "Girl"...please explain!!!...i donno shit about both...so anything will work!!!

  Unknown

June 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM

true...but are you really the same with all yer frenz...so u confide in them in sorrow like u do in happiness...

  Ramesh

June 27, 2009 at 12:55 AM

@ yup priya I do .....I am the same person with everyone...